Sporty Magazine official website | Members area : Register | Sign in

Billie Piper: 'Fame was too much, too soon'

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Share this history on :
25 May, 2011 - Billie Piper has described finding fame at an early age as having "too much, too soon".

The actress started out as a popstar at the age of 15 and had success with hits including 'Because We Want To' and 'Honey to the Bee'.

Speaking of starting out so young, she told The Mirror: "I feel it was all too much, too soon for me. At the time I loved it and thought I could handle it. But now I think I should have done more teenage angst stuff, more staying at home, being with family and enjoying the trials and tribulations of being a teenager.

"On reflection, I think it was kind of mad. I don't blame anyone around me because I was active in pursuing all those things, but it could have gone a very different way. I think it's going to be an absolute disaster for most kids being that famous that young, living alone in the middle of London.

"Being away from your home so much at such a young age has a massive impact. You become fiercely independent, which can be hard. I was literally living on my own as a 15-year-old in my flat in London. At the time I couldn't have asked for anything more brilliant, not having to be parented or to live under their rules. But it was kind of mad."

Piper added that she has no plans to return to music, or reprise her role as Rose Tyler on Doctor Who.

She recently admitted that she is struggling to find work since Secret Diary of a Call Girl ended.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thank you for visited me, Have a question ?
Please leave your comment below. Thank you and hope you enjoyed...